Custom Dovetail Drawer Boxes
Our standard dovetail drawer box has 5/8″ thick solid wood sides and a 3/8″ plywood bottom
Custom 5/8″ Solid Natural Soft Maple Wood Dovetail Drawer Boxes
Natural grade soft maple will have some variations in color, open knots are cut out, small knots may be filled. Natural soft maple has a sapwood color of bright white to slight gray cast & the heartwood is brown or brown cast. Natural material normally yields a higher amount of the sapwood than heartwood & may also have some hard maple pieces intermixed, which has the same colors.
Budget-Grade Dovetail Drawers
These are made of various wood species (usually poplar, maple, birch and basswood) that has been glued up into panels. It is solid material with open knots removed, small knots may be filled, color is natural but normally yields a high amount of color. The only reason we call it budget-grade is because the glue lines sometimes do not run straight, they might be on an angle.
Dovetail Drawer Box Construction Specifications
- All materials are cut & machined using computer controlled saws & dovetailing equipment insuring accuracy & squareness.
- All joinery & bottom are adequately glued and machine pressed making the drawer perfectly square & extremely strong.
- Dovetails are 3/8″ long 1/2″ wide & 1/2″ thick for added strength
- Standard heights range from 2-1/8” through 13-1/8” in whole numbers, heights may be customized to your specifications (see drawer box options below)
- Drawer bottoms are recessed up 1/2″ & stapled into all sides for added strength and stability.
- Bottom materials will be 3/8″ birch, unless specified for preference.
- Top edge of drawer box features a high-end square edge for a custom hand-made appearance.
Dovetail Drawer Pricing Matrix
Dovetail Drawer Box pricing is per linear inch.
Price is for an ASSEMBLED & SANDED unfinished dovetail drawer – 5/8″ sides & 3/8” bottom.
Order by form from the drop down menu above or click on Order button below to buy dovetail drawers online!
FORMULA TO ESTIMATE DOVETAIL PRICE:
(Length + Width) x 2 = Perimeter
Perimeter x Appropriate Cost Listed Below = Cost Per Drawer
For a Soft Maple Drawer box that is 15” Wide x 22” Long x 4 1/8” High
1) Add 15″ width + 22″ length = 37
2) Take the 37″ and multiply by 2 (37″ x 2 = 74). The perimeter is 74.
3) Take the perimeter of 74 times the appropriate cost below for a 4 1/8″ high
maple drawer. That would be 0.526 —> 74 x 0.526 = $38.92 per drawer.
Dovetail Drawer box pricing is per linear inch. Small order fee may apply to orders of less than 5 boxes.
|Poplar / Paint Grade|
|2 1/8″ High||0.396|
|3 1/8″ High||0.456|
|4 1/8″ High||0.514|
|5 1/8″ High||0.568|
|6 1/8″ High||0.627|
|7 1/8″ High||0.683|
|8 1/8″ High||0.739|
|9 1/8″ High||0.831|
|10 1/8″ High||0.891|
|11 1/8″ High||0.949|
|12 1/8″ High||1.016|
|13 1/8″ High||1.074|
Please contact us for quotes on all other wood species.
CUSTOM DOVETAILED DRAWER BOX OPTIONS
- Finger pulls/Scoops ($5/box) CHOOSE FROM THESE STYLES —>
- These cuts approximately 4-3/4″ wide & 1-1/8″ deep.
- Under mount slide notching ($7.5/box)
- ½” Plywood bottom upgrade (Call for Quote)
- Clear pre-cat lacquer finish ($12.50/box)
- Swept Sides ($18/box)
- Customized drawer heights ($5/box)
- * Please note: when drawer is cut down top edge will not be eased*
- DRAWER SLIDES are also available in various lengths.
$7.50 per box
$7.50 per box
$18.00 per box